Sunday, January 28, 2018

Touch: Hair



"Hair deeply affects people, can transfigure or repulse them. We can change its color ad texture when the mood strikes us, but in time it will return to its original form..." -Diane Ackerman



I chose this section because we do not realize how much hair really can affect us, as it is something we are used to seeing everyday. I never thought much about how hair can change the way we feel until my mother endured radiochemotherapy. Her main concern throughout the entire process was losing her hair. I found this strange as there were many seemingly more important concerns during the treatment, but it made me realize how we feel about our hair affects our self-esteem and the way we view others. We make certain assumptions about others based on their hair style or color. I composed and created this image to demonstrate the variety of textures and colors that hair can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment