Saturday, April 21, 2018

Identity

Materials: Cardboard, feathers
Dimensions: 12" in diameter




I chose to create a "mask" made of brown feathers to represent owls. My favorite singer is Owl City and many people always ask me about him or think of me when they hear him. I am proud to be associated with such an incredible artist and I wanted to have owl feathers on my mask to represent him. I had the photograph taken outside in nature because of my love for the outdoors and the wildlife within it. I am a huge advocate of saving the planet and I feel happiest when outside exploring nature. I am posed with my arms covering me because I am introverted and wanted to give the impression of being reserved. The shape of the "mask" is also intentional; I created it in a perfect circle to represent the shape of a full moon because I also love space (and anything associated with it) and feel a deep connection to the unknown aspects of it. I edited the images in an old-fashioned manner because I feel like I have an "old" soul and enjoy anything antique. I also wanted to create more of an eerie feeling, as I love the paranormal and anything that looks creepy.


I cut a circle out of cardboard and covered one side with feathers. I attached a headband
to the other side in order to wear the piece.

Inspired by:


http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com/2016/07/blog-post.html



http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com/2017/06/gladys-paulus-artist.html





https://adamhersey.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/the-wasted-talent-that-was-francesca-woodman/#jp-carousel-1094

No comments:

Post a Comment